In this millennium, everyone, including mothers, are expected to work and need to work in order to cater both their personal and their children’s needs. However, it is so hard to both work and be a proactive mom at the same time. A single person can even have a hard time balancing work and life, how much more moms who are needed by their children? Hence, we will be discussing an alternative source of income that will benefit moms who are looking for work, and we are talking about online teaching jobs.
Going home tired from work and daily commute, while you still have to cook for your family’s dinner and help your children with their homework and projects can really be exhausting. Catering to your baby’s needs is essential too (if you have one) just so the baby feels loved and cared for by his or her own mother. Being a working mother is difficult, especially when you are working on a 9-hour shift a day in a place that is 30-40 minutes away from your home, it is simply stressful.
Most mothers have no choice but to stay a full time mom until their kids go to middle school or high school. Now the problem comes here, let us say you have 3 kids with 2 years gap in age, imagine how hard it is to save for each of your children’s college tuition fee. You have to wait until they can come and go to school by themselves before you can work in a company, school or place (whatever career path you prefer) with a decent pay.
Now comes the real gist, if you want to earn at the same time be there for your children on every milestone of their lives, you can opt to work from home and be a stay at home mom. All you need to to is search for stay at home mom jobs.
There are a lot of stay at home mom jobs available online that you might like and enjoy if it sparks your interest like an online teaching job. Here are some of those said stay at home mom jobs:
This is the most appropriate and one of the most coveted stay at home mom job on the internet. Not only that it is one of your day to day activity with your own children, you can also learn more as a teacher and extend it to your children.
Some people prefer having their children home schooled because they think teachers in their local school cannot cater the needs of all of their students. Some parents are afraid that their children do not get the education they believe their children deserve.
Those in the military are forced to have their kids, who are overseas with them, to take certain classes they prefer online, because they do not have access with it while they are overseas. They can find these classes on Connections Academy and K12.
However, online teaching jobs require you to have a certificate to teach classes on online sites, but you can acquire them through sites like Connections Academy and K12 which may also occasionally ask you to travel for a meeting or training that is also provided by these two sites.
It only takes at least a college degree to be fit for this job. You need to also have a specific area of expertise when you think about applying for this stay at home mom job. This is very similar to an online teaching, job but with lesser requirements.
Since there is a great chance that you are going to tutor minors, you need to undergo a background check. Although the starting pay won’t be as much, more or less an average of $10 per hour, but as you gain experience as you go with this online teaching job, your pay will also increase. There are a lot of great online tutoring sites such as Brainfuse, ExpertTutors, Eduwizards, HomeworkHelp, InstaEdu, Smarthinking and Tutor.
The challenge on this kind of job is that most of these tutoring sites require their employees to work on the hours the site has given them. No to worry, because this will all just be at your first few weeks to months in this job.
The following are also sites that also offer online teaching jobs and online tutoring jobs:
- Admission Consultants – This a company based in Virginia. They offer online teaching jobs. They mostly hire people with great interpersonal skills and who have experience in working for admission committees.
- Aim-For-A-Tutor – This company offers online teaching jobs for tutors. This company hires tutors for one-on-one tutorial with their clients. May it be any subject in school.
- ASAP Tutor – This company also offers online teaching jobs for tutors. This company hires tutors for college students who needs help with their homework assignments.
- Brainfuse – This company also offers online teaching jobs for stay at home moms.
- BrainMass – This company only offers online teaching jobs to people who already have a Master’s Degree or Ph.D. This is a Canada based company and they pay their employees in Canadian dollars.
- Creating Careers – This company also offers online teaching jobs that went global.
- Elevate K12 – This company specializes tutorials only in reading and math. The good thing about this company is that their tutor’s schedule are flexible.
- Pearson – This company also offers online teaching jobs and pays their tutors about $10 per hour with a minimum of 20 hours per week. Their requirements for their applicants are a Bachelor’s Degree and must be a resident of the United States.
- Prep Now – This company also asks their applicants to have a bachelor’s degree and to avail their online teaching job offers, you must have at least 2 years of experience as an online tutor. They only accept applicants that reside in the United States.
- Preply – Offers online teaching jobs to tutors who teaches SAT and ACT courses. This company’s site has two versions, English and Russian.
- Skillshare – In this company you should have a specific subject that you understand well, you have the freewill to set the rate you will charge your students and you can also create your own class.
- Tutor Vista – They offer online teaching jobs to tutors who specialize in subjects such as Math, English, Physics, Biology, Chemistry and Statistics.
- com – Whether you are a professor, teacher or just a college student, you can apply for available online teaching jobs position in this company. They offer part time positions for people who specialize and who understand well Economics, Accounting, Finance, College Physics and more college subjects.
- TutorABC – You should have at least a four year college degree before you can apply as a tutor in this company. Having an ESL teaching experience gives you a more advantage.
- Tutor Teach – Their requirements are not clearly stated by their tutors teaches and reviews students for all subjects continuously.
Start a Blog
One of the stay at home mom jobs is Blogging or Vlogging. This job is not a big bang kind stay at home mom job. Only a few people go all successful with blogs, so go find a unique field you are good at, create a topic about it and start from there. Some topics that are trending on the internet are fashion tips, financial budgeting, food recipes, nursing tips and anything about lifestyle.
Although starting a blog is really hard because you still have to gain a great amount of audience to thrive as a blogger, but when you do, all your hard work is worth it. There are no requirements needed for this kind of stay at home mom job, you are on your own. However, being creative and having a great set of vocabulary and amazing writing (or speaking if you prefer vlogging) is a plus!
This stay at home mom job is good for those mom’s who have great listening skills and very fast yet accurate typing skills. There a lot of companies out there who hire employees with little to no experience for those who would like to try this kind of stay at home mom job.
The requirements and things you need to be efficient on this job are a great quality headset, up to date computer and a high speed internet access. You can apply on companies like Transcription Hub and Transcribe Me for entry level transcribers.
Sell Homemade Items
If you love making crafts or cooking or baking, and do not like office tasks and other jobs like an online teaching job, then this job is for you. There are sites like Ebay, Etsy and Shopify where you can sell your products in. You can also use other social media sites to help promote your product.
Although you will be needing a capital to start your own business, this is all going to be worth it in the long run. You also need to have great marketing skills to be able to sell and promote your products right. As well as a creative and adventurous mind to help you create amazing products or create unique amazing tastes and scents.
Web Search Evaluation
This is a non-phone stay at home mom job for those who are experts at browsing the internet. You can work from home and job lets you create your own schedule which will be amazing for you and your children.
You can apply for job positions on companies like Leapforce, Appen, Butler Hill, and Lionbridge. This job gives a super decent income which is good for you and your children’s needs.
This is one of the most in demand stay at home mom job. All you need are amazing organizing skills, clerical and computer skills to qualify. You may find a lot of sites and companies that offers these kind of job positions such as Zirtual and Upwork.
This a great starting point to work online while being a stay at home mom. There are no requirements needed apart from a high-speed internet and a computer. They need no experience when hiring an employee, all you have to know are the basics of using the computer and how to browse the internet. Extremely easy, don’t you think?
Another plus on this is kind of job is that the time is very much flexible and you get access to special coupons for shopping.
This is for those moms who enjoy writing and has a talent for one. This can be a full time job if you want to go beyond just earning extra money. There a lot of sites where you can also improve your writing skills, if you want to excel on this kind of job. However, do not worry if you do not feel like your writing skills are that good. You can always become better when you practice and work on it everyday.
The more you write, the better you get, the more job opportunities you attract. Here are some companies who hire freelance writers: Online Writing Jobs, Journalism Jobs, Media Bistro, Pitch Me, Canadian Freelance Writing Jobs, TextBroker, Elance, oDesk/Upwork, iFreelance, Craiglist, ProBlogger Job Board and Freelance Writer’s Den.
This stay at home mom job is one of the most basic type of job in the online world. Just like Surveys they do not require prior experience. This is very simple and very easy to get. Companies just send you your tasks and the information needed. Companies who currently have positions for data entry jobs are TDEC, Virtual Bee, HEA-Employment and Capital Typing.
This job is a great job if you would like to learn more who to sales talk, some companies offer training for their hired customer service and sales representative. However, to be hired, they will require you to have a phone (of course at your own expense). This may not be technically an online job like those online teaching jobs I have mentioned earlier, but this is a great stay at home mom job for those mothers who would love to earn while giving their 100% to their family’s needs.
Here are some companies who offer customer service and sales representative jobs opportunities: TeleTech@Home, The Connection, HEA-Employment, Uhaul Contact Center, Asurion, 1-800 Flowers, Exact Customer Service, West at Home and Skyes Home.
Did you learn something from many kinds of available stay at home mom jobs and a list of companies who offer online teaching jobs? If you want to learn more and learn about the best offers available online simply follow this link http://simplyworkathome.com/recommended
Looking for something else?