Is Scentsy a Scam? A Review
There are many ways to do business, and one of these is multilevel marketing or MLM. Wikipedia defines MLM as a sales marketing strategy whose revenue is generated by a non-salaried workforce, which refers to the participants in the scheme. It is a rather controversial business strategy that many big name companies adopt regardless. Scentsy is one of the big companies that’s deep into the MLM business, and has seen success due to this very strategy.
You may have heard of this company before, or have probably been approached by one of their agents selling scented candles. You may probably have been approached by prospecting recruiters who’d like you to sign up to Scentsy’s MLM program. In any case, you might have stumbled upon this blog in a quest to learn more about Scentsy, or simply to see if the company is a legitimate business. In this article, we will be reviewing this company, see how it works, and know whether or not it is even worth dealing with.
What Is Scentsy?
Scentsy is a fragrance company founded in 2004 by entrepreneurs Orville and Heidi Thompson. The company sells a good selection of personal and home fragrance products, and they primarily deal with warmers and scented wax. The company’s current headquarters is in Meridian, ID. Meanwhile, it has distribution sites in Coppel, TX, Lexington, KY, Meridian, ID, and Warsaw, Poland.
Scentsy deals with and is best known for wickless candles, which, when warmed in Scentsy warmers, release long lasting fragrance into the room. This and warmers are their flagship products, and that’s not saying that they don’t offer anything else. The company also sells other products such as bath soaps, fresheners, laundry items, room sprays, sanitizers, and a whole lot more.
Is Scentsy’s MLM Scheme Legit?
Scentsy is known for their MLM program, which offers lucrative compensation in exchange for the promotion of their products. It is commission-based, meaning that you get a cut from every sale you have made. The compensation increases as you climb up the ranks.
Your ranking is based on the personal retail value (PRV), or the sales of Scentsy products that you have made for the month, your contribution to the group wholesale volume, and your number of active frontline consultants recruited. You will not get to retain this rank, as it resets every month and you will qualify for a new rank based on the sales that you have made and the active frontline consultants that you have recruited for that particular month.
In Scentsy’s compensation system, you get to earn titles in accordance to the sales you’ve made during your entire run, and you do get to keep this regardless of how much you end up making that month. Your title comes with a bonus, and the better your title is, the bigger the bonus you get.
Now many people would think that this multilevel marketing scheme is actually a pyramid scam, but that is not the case. While the people involved in the marketing scheme is paid with the money invested by members directly below them, Scentsy actually has a range of products to sell, and thus a source of real revenue. At price points of $35 for a warmer and about $80 for wickless candle packages, however, one can say that the merchandise are a little overpriced. Despite this, however, the products a appear to be of good quality, and are mostly positively reviewed.
The bottomline is that, given the fact that Scentsy is a well-established company in the home and personal fragrance niche, and sells actual products, and has been around for over a decade now, the company is a legitimate business that you can trust your money with. There are, however, reports that certain consultants of Scentsy go out of their way to deceive people into attending their house parties, but such is not something that we can equate with the company’s overall practices.
Is Working with Scentsy the Right Fit for You?
Working with certain businesses has its advantages and disadvantages, and with Scentsy, this is no different. If you are looking to sign up as a consultant with Scentsy and would like to know if it will work for you, then you’ve come to the right place.
For starters, here are some well-known advantages of working as a Scentsy certified consultant:
- You get to meet new people often. Scentsy is an MLM company and meeting up with recruiting prospects and target customers is a fact of life for the company’s consultants. This is a great way to establish long-term relationships and help yourself grow as a person.
- The company sells real products with an actual following. Being an established brand, it will not be hard for you to find a market for Scentsy products.
- They provide everything that you need to get started. The Scentsy starter provides everything that is necessary for you to start making money as a certified Scentsy consultant, from scent testers to brochures.
- You get to access your own personalized website under the Scentsy domain for three full months, which is a good thing for folks who prefer to go the e-commerce route, simply work at home, and then make money online.
- The commission is 20% of every sale made. This is debatable, but 20% of every $35 warmer plus the wax bars will yield you a pretty decent earning for every successful transaction.
- The company offers great incentives, including raises and trips.
- You do not need to leave your house to host parties.
Of course, there are also some cons that you need to take note of, and these are as follows:
- It takes hard work to make money. As your personal earnings is commission-based rather than hourly, you will need to put a lot of effort reaching out to the right people, and in finding the right people who can do the selling for you.
- This is not for folks who have an aversion at meeting new people.
- The starter kit is a little expensive. The whole thing costs $99; quite an investment, but something that will net you good returns if you do things right.
Scentsy is a legitimate multilevel marketing business, offering real products with real demand, and giving back good compensation to its consultants. However, as with many other money-making opportunities, it will take plenty of hard work to get good rankings, be promoted, and make big money in the process.
I’m certainly hoping that you’ve found this review useful. If you’d like to stay a bit longer, you might as well be interested in hearing about our top offers. Click this link to start with our top-rated deals: http://simplyworkathome.com/recommended
Looking for something else?
- Comprehensive Review on Money Network – Is It Legit?
- Swagbucks Review – How Does it Work?
- Need A Constant Profits Club Review? Look at this…
- Ebates review – How Does It Work?